AHS Procedures for Changing Student Schedules
* All changes must be initiated through the school counselors
* An Add/Drop Form must be completed and signed
* Parent/guardian permission is required before a change is considered
* Students must follow their current schedule and attend all classes until the change is made and a new schedule is issued
* Requests for teacher changes or lunch changes will NOT be considered
* Students may add a course after the first five days of the beginning of the course up until the end of the first 3 weeks.
* Parent, teacher, and school counselor signatures are required to drop a course
* Student must attend the course for the first five days before a drop can be requested
* Courses may be dropped within the first five weeks of the course
* After the first five weeks of the course, principal approval is required to drop
* Any drops that occur after the first 3 weeks (semester course) or first 6 weeks (full year course) will be documented on the student's transcript
* Students are not allowed to drop a course during the 6th marking period
* Course level changes (i.e English 10R to English 10E) will be considered during the first six weeks.
* Discussion between the teacher, parent and school counselor should occur before a level change is made.
* Exceptions may be made on appeal to the building principal